St. Patrick Catholic Church was started in 1893 and the school opened in 1916, under the guidance of Fr. D. B. O’Connor. Seeing a need for Catholic education for his parishioners, he wrote to the Dominican Sisters of St. Catherine’s in Kentucky, asking them to staff the school. They consented. In August of 1916, four Dominican Sisters arrived, and St. Patrick’s School opened its doors. A new church was opened in 2015 and is the cornerstone of the Parish and School. Located in the historic district of Havelock in Lincoln, NE, the parish serves north Lincoln and Waverly, NE. To schedule a tour of the church and school, contact Melanie Colton at Melanieemail@example.com.
Historic Pictures of the Church & School: