- October 22
- All School Rosary – 2:30 Facebook Live
- October 23
- Report Cards Sent Home
- Uniform Store Closes
- Box Top Deadline
- November 2
- No School – Teacher Workday
- November 5
- Dine Out Night – Raising Canes
- November 20
- No School – Bishop’s Day Off
The ArtFX uniform store closes TOMORROW – Friday Oct 23rd. Cold weather and Shamrock Spirit days are coming!
- Order here: https://stores.inksoft.com/st_patrick_catholic_school/shop/home
- Deadline: Friday October 23rd
- Students may wear any green/shamrock shirt for spirit days. Many students wear our school t-shirt (pictured below) on these days
- Students may wear any solid color sweatshirt of fleece in uniform colors. Many students wear our school sweatshirt, fleece, sport-tek pullovers (pictured below).
School Treats + Reminders
We wanted to remind you of the following policies brought on by the COVID pandemic. Please do not ask the teachers or the office for exceptions. These are very difficult decisions and we need everyone to support the work that we have done with the health department to create the policies for this year. Please continue to pray for an end to the virus…
- Birthday treats are to be store-bought and individually wrapped. Please do not send homemade items this year.
- The school will provide Halloween treats for the children. Please do not send any Halloween treats (edible, or non-edible) to school.
- No adult visitors are to be in the building, please call the office if you need to drop off necessities such as glasses or homework. Please help us to continue to have St. Patrick school be safe, healthy, and open all year!
- Please do not send any deliveries to the school. Food, flowers, etc. If you would like to give your child special items, please wait until after school or until the weekend.
Quarter 1 Report Cards
Report cards will be sent home with students K-8 tomorrow, Friday October 23rd. Please sign the green envelope on the line for Q1 and return to school. You may keep the report card for your records.
Honor Roll students in grades 4-8 will be recognized in the following areas after mass next week.
- Pope’s List – all A’s
- Bishop’s List – all A’s and B’s
- Principals’ List – No Demerits for Q1
Box Top Deadline
Box top deadline is Friday, October 23rd. Turn in your physical box tops to school by October 23rd so that they can be processed in time for the fall payment deadline.
Digital box tops can be processed on the app at any time! Just scan your grocery receipts on the box tops for education app. If you haven’t used the app yet it’s quick and easy to download, register and select St. Patrick’s school. Then every time you shop, scan receipts for Box Top products. For digital receipts such as from Walmart grocery pick up, simply forward the receipt email to email@example.com
Thank you to the generous donations of the St. Patrick Parish Family we are able to replace our school roof this fall! Construction will begin in late October and carry through most of 2nd quarter. J-Tech Construction has assured us that all workers on site will be courteous and avoid the use of any foul language, no music will be played, tobacco free, and adhere to all COVID and OSHA regulations. Most likely there will be no interaction between any individuals working on the roof and the school staff and students.
Keeping safety as our upmost concern, we want to assure you that all work will take place on the exterior of the building and therefore there will be no indoor safety hazards posed to the students. In addition, the north side of the school will be the active construction zone and will be closed to all students, staff, and families beginning Monday, October 26th through the completion of the project.
Dine Out Night
Join us for Dine Out Night! Thursday, November 5th on 2820 Cornhusker hwy from 5 to 8 PM. Drive through only so expect a bit of a wait! Mention St. Patrick’s to have 15% of sales come back to the school. See you there!
Don’t forget to use SCRIP to get an additional 30% back to the school. SCRIP is available for purchase after mass or by calling the rectory M-F 8-5 (402) 466-2752
All School Rosary
FREE Kinsa Thermometer for St. Patrick Families
All families are eligible to receive a free thermometer to use in your home – follow the direction on the flyer below to request your free thermometer! Click photo to enlarge – English and Espanol
CK Sisters Outdoor Fall Workday
CK Sisters Outdoor Fall Workday – Sat., Oct. 24, 1:30-4:30 p.m. We will be planting shrubs and trees, cleaning up our vegetable garden and cutting trees. Helpful items to bring include shovels, gloves, pickups and chainsaws. Please bring masks for work in proximity to others. Children are also welcome! Mark your calendars now and contact Sister Mary Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to come and help. Villa Regina Motherhouse, 4100 SW 56th St., about 2 miles west and south of Pioneers Park. (Walk-ins also welcome.) Click picture to enlarge…
We’re excited to share that our school is participating in Cash for Classrooms, part of Casey’s Rewards. This opens up St. Patrick School to new funding opportunities to help improve learning environments for students.
The best part? Donations don’t come out of your own pocket. When you buy from Casey’s and use their rewards program you can simply turn your points into a donation to our school.
Help St. Patrick School make the most of this program and learn more at Caseys.com/schools.
Start your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com – Tap the image above or search for ‘St Patrick Catholic Church of Lincoln’ and a percentage of all of your Amazon purchases will come back to St. Patrick!
Go to the Coca Cola Website, search for St. Patrick School, or type in the zip code 68507, scroll down to the one in Lincoln NE and then enter the Coca Cola product code under the bottle cap on your computer screen or scan it from your phone.
Box Tops are going digital! You can download the app Box Tops for Education, register and select St Patrick School, and then scan eligible receipts containing Box Tops products. Online retailers that are eligible: Instacart, Jet.com, SamsClub.com, Shipt, Target.com, Target Pick-Up/Drive-Up, Walmart Grocery, Walmart.com.
Traditional Box Tops are being phased out and are still eligible to be clipped and dropped off at school until they expire. You can also double dip during this transitional phase by both clipping the Box Tops and scanning the receipts!
(Some brands are not yet participating in the digital program and these will need to be clipped as usual including Hefty, Kleenez, Progresso, Reyolds, Scott, Ziploc and Finish)
Digital Box Tops FAQ
- Where do I go to enter Box Tops digitally? Download the Box Tops for Education App or visit https://www.boxtops4education.com/ to learn more
- How long are Box Tops receipts eligible for scanning? Scan your receipts within 14 days of purchase.
- What products are eligible?: Download the full list of eligible products here: https://www.boxtops4education.com/en/Participating-Products-Page or just look for the Box Top logo on products you purchase.
- Can I still clip and send in physical Box Tops? YES! The physical Box Tops are still eligible to be clipped and sent to the school until they expire. Scan the receipts as well to double dip with those participating products.
- What if I shop online? Submit your email receipts to email@example.com
- How do I help earn more? Scroll down to the bonus offers on the Box Tops App to learn how to earn extra.
We are excited to tell you that we have started an Ignatius Book Club for our school! Ignatius Book Club is a wonderful Catholic organization that provides thoughtfully selected books and materials from leading publishers that entertain, instruct, and inspire for a variety of reading levels and interests.
Plus, every purchase you make through Ignatius Book Club earns bonus points which can be redeemed for books, religious products, or school supplies for our school!
Click HERE to join and start browsing Ignatius Book Club’s extensive selection of wholesome material
What is Scrip? “Scrip” turns everyday shopping into cash for the St. Patrick Church and School. Purchase gift cards at face value in advance to use at checkout, instead of paying with credit, debit card, check or cash.
How Does It Work? Purchase gift cards at face value from local merchants who designate their own discount percentage ranging from 1.5% to 30%. The discount amount translates to profit for the St. Patrick!
- $50 Raising Canes gift card at 30% = $15.00 St. Patrick profit
- $50 Marcus Theatres gift card at 8% = $4 St. Patrick profit
- $100 Walmart gift card at 2.% = $2.50 St. Patrick profit
Click here for the SCRIP order form. SCRIP can be purchased at the parish office or after weekend masses.
Introducing a mobile-friendly website for Catholic School athletics, www.cysi.org
League Information & Rules, League Policies, Registration & Participation Forms, Mission Statement, Philosophy, Sports Calendar (that is constantly being updated), and much more. In addition to our own league’s information, you will find material on the football and wrestling programs at Pius X High School.
If you have any questions please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our school’s Athletic Director – Mr. Ryan Mackling
Previous School Newsletters
Upcoming Dates October 20 Food Market Bottled Water Donations Mrs. Placek will have a cart out at drop-off in the mornings next week for donations of bottled water for the students. With the water fountains closed, we want to ensure each child has access to...
Upcoming Dates October 9, 12, 13 NO SCHOOL (no childcare) October 14 Picture Retakes Last Day to Wear Shorts October 15 Students are to wear pants or skirts/jumpers need to be work with leggings until March 15th October 20 Food Market Photo Retakes - Wed Oct. 14...
Upcoming Dates October 6 Runza Dine-Out Night October 6-8 Parent Teacher Conferences - check email for sign up links Thursday Oct. 8th 1:00 Release October 9, 12, 13 NO SCHOOL (no childcare) October 14 Picture Retakes Uniform Information French Toast is having another...