Monday Packet Pick Up – CHANGE
All families can pick up their weekly packets from the gym entrance Mondays 7 am – 7 pm.
• Do not send students in unattended.
• The packets will have 24 hours no contact with teachers and vice versa. Please ensure you drop off any completed work by Monday at 7 p.m.
• If you are unable to pick up your packet – please coordinate with Kathy in the rectory so she can let you into the gym entrance after scheduled hours: 402-466-2752
Raffle Tickets – Ice Cream Winners
Thank you to all the students and families who sold raffle tickets for the St. Patrick Festival this year! We almost doubled our total from last year! The total number of tickets sold was 4,036. Fourth grade came in first place, selling 1,095 or 64% and first grade came in second with 923 or 49%. Since the classes did so well, the festival committee decided that all classes should be awarded ice cream! This was the best year ever for selling tickets. Due to the extended school closure, a decision will be made in the coming weeks on how to give out the reward. Congratulations!
Enroll NOW in the Summer Program at St. Patrick!
Summer Camp is ON for St. Patrick. This new program is for anyone – not just St. Patrick students / parishioners – tell your friends – this will be the best summer ever!
Click here for details and to enroll now – spaces are limited – https://stpatricklincolnschool.com/summercare/
Food + Additional Assistance
Food Distribution from Pius X High School
Pius X is distributing a week of sack lunches for children ages 1-18 daily Tuesdays 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Families can request a week of groceries to be delivered by CSS here: https://www.piusx.net/covid19/request-week-of-groceries-css/
Food Distribution from Lincoln Public Schools
LPS Nutrition Services will provide a sack lunch and breakfast for the next day to any child at any of the SEVEN locations listed below:
- Belmont Elementary School (3425 North 14th St.)
- Arnold Elementary School (5000 Mike Scholl Street)
- Hartley Elementary School (730 North 33rd St.)
- (NEW) Calvert Elementary School (3709 S. 46th St.)
- Park Middle School (855 South 8th St.)
- Northeast High School (2635 North 63rd St.)
- Lincoln High School (2229 J Street)
One meal per child will be available 11 a.m. -12:30 p.m. while supplies last.
Information from Catholic Social Services
The St. Francis Food Pantry continues to provide households in need with perishable and
nonperishable items. You need to call (402) 474-6200. Requests are taken Monday through Thursday starting at 8am. You will receive a pickup time the same day between 1pm and 4pm. When you place your request, please let us know about any food allergies or dietary restrictions. In light of COVID-19, CSS is making the following adjustments.
- Increasing the number of households served per day
- Coordinating delivery options for quarantined households
- Providing personal care items, including toilet paper, soap, shampoo etc. upon request
If you have any questions, please contact our Regional Director of Social Services, Katie Patrick at (402) 327-6223 or email@example.com
Request Emergency Cash Assistance
CSS provides cash assistance to those struggling to pay rent, utilities, car repairs, and more. We take requests every Monday morning. The phone number is (402) 327-6211 and the line opens at 9am. Appointments are based on a weekly budget, however, in light of the coronavirus and its impact on our community, we are actively raising funds to increase our weekly budget. If you have any questions, contact our Emergency Services Coordinator, Marilu Cazares at (402) 327-6222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide diapers, baby formula, personal care items, adult diapers, and more to walk-in clients during regular business hours. If you have any questions or would like to make a donation, please contact our Client Relations Specialist, Veronica Hotovy at (402) 474-1600 or email@example.com
At this time, the Lincoln office will remain open during our regular business hours. Follow us on Facebook to receive information on hours, services, and ways you can help. Thank you!
Good Shepherd & Shamrock Fund Scholarships
Deadline Extended – April 17th Apply here using 2018 or 2019 tax information: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/43MX7 Contact the Finance Office with additional questions: 402-466-2752
Area Events / Camps
Totus Tuus – St. Patrick Totus Tuus will be held the week of June21st – 26th – sign up information to come…
- Reading Camp – click image to view
- Bright Lights – click image to view
- Looking for a great summer learning adventure for a K-8th grade student? Check out Bright Lights! They have over 100 summer camps available that encourage students to learn in a fun and investigative way. See their entire camp schedule at https://www.brightlights.org/programs/schedule.html . Registration begins Saturday, March 21 at 8:00 AM!
Families can now make individual orders for logo polo’s, fleece, and sweatshirts!
Call Tim at ArtFX – (402) 421-2611 and tell him you are with St. Patrick School in Lincoln.
We’re excited to share that our school is participating in Cash for Classrooms, part of Casey’s Rewards. This opens up St. Patrick School to new funding opportunities to help improve learning environments for students.
The best part? Donations don’t come out of your own pocket. When you buy from Casey’s and use their rewards program you can simply turn your points into a donation to our school.
Help St. Patrick School make the most of this program and learn more at Caseys.com/schools.
Start your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com – Tap the image above or search for ‘St Patrick Catholic Church of Lincoln’ and a percentage of all of your Amazon purchases will come back to St. Patrick!
Go to the Coca Cola Website, search for St. Patrick School, or type in the zip code 68507, scroll down to the one in Lincoln NE and then enter the Coca Cola product code under the bottle cap on your computer screen or scan it from your phone.
Box Tops are going digital! You can download the app Box Tops for Education, register and select St Patrick School, and then scan eligible receipts containing Box Tops products. Online retailers that are eligible: Instacart, Jet.com, SamsClub.com, Shipt, Target.com, Target Pick-Up/Drive-Up, Walmart Grocery, Walmart.com.
Traditional Box Tops are being phased out and are still eligible to be clipped and dropped off at school until they expire. You can also double dip during this transitional phase by both clipping the Box Tops and scanning the receipts!
(Some brands are not yet participating in the digital program and these will need to be clipped as usual including Hefty, Kleenez, Progresso, Reyolds, Scott, Ziploc and Finish)
Digital Box Tops FAQ
- Where do I go to enter Box Tops digitally? Download the Box Tops for Education App or visit https://www.boxtops4education.com/ to learn more
- How long are Box Tops receipts eligible for scanning? Scan your receipts within 14 days of purchase.
- What products are eligible?: Download the full list of eligible products here: https://www.boxtops4education.com/en/Participating-Products-Page or just look for the Box Top logo on products you purchase.
- Can I still clip and send in physical Box Tops? YES! The physical Box Tops are still eligible to be clipped and sent to the school until they expire. Scan the receipts as well to double dip with those participating products.
- What if I shop online? Submit your email receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I help earn more? Scroll down to the bonus offers on the Box Tops App to learn how to earn extra.
We are excited to tell you that we have started an Ignatius Book Club for our school! Ignatius Book Club is a wonderful Catholic organization that provides thoughtfully selected books and materials from leading publishers that entertain, instruct, and inspire for a variety of reading levels and interests.
Plus, every purchase you make through Ignatius Book Club earns bonus points which can be redeemed for books, religious products, or school supplies for our school!
Click HERE to join and start browsing Ignatius Book Club’s extensive selection of wholesome material
What is Scrip? “Scrip” turns everyday shopping into cash for the St. Patrick Church and School. Purchase gift cards at face value in advance to use at checkout, instead of paying with credit, debit card, check or cash.
How Does It Work? Purchase gift cards at face value from local merchants who designate their own discount percentage ranging from 1.5% to 30%. The discount amount translates to profit for the St. Patrick!
- $50 Raising Canes gift card at 30% = $15.00 St. Patrick profit
- $50 Marcus Theatres gift card at 8% = $4 St. Patrick profit
- $100 Walmart gift card at 2.% = $2.50 St. Patrick profit
Click here for the SCRIP order form. SCRIP can be purchased at the parish office or after weekend masses.
Introducing a mobile-friendly website for Catholic School athletics, www.cysi.org
League Information & Rules, League Policies, Registration & Participation Forms, Mission Statement, Philosophy, Sports Calendar (that is constantly being updated), and much more. In addition to our own league’s information, you will find material on the football and wrestling programs at Pius X High School.
If you have any questions please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our school’s Athletic Director – Mr. Ryan Mackling
Previous School Newsletters
Good Shepherd & Shamrock Fund Scholarships Deadline March 31st. Apply here using 2018 or 2019 tax information: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/43MX7 Contact the Finance Office with additional questions: 402-466-2752 Enroll NOW in the Summer Program at St....
Upcoming Dates March 13 No School VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - St. Patrick Festival Prep Day begins at 9 am at school! March 14 St. Patrick Day Community Festival 11:00 a.m - 9:00 pm - Flyer Below March 15 Students may wear shorts & skirts without leggings. Please ensure...
Upcoming Dates March 10 KFC / LJS Dine Out Night March 13 No School VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - St. Patrick Festival Prep Day begins at 9 am at school! March 14 St. Patrick Day Community Festival 11:00 a.m - 9:00 pm - Flyer Below March 15 Students may wear shorts &...