- Friday October 18th
- End of 1st Quarter
- Picture Retakes
- Cards for a Cause Orders Due
- Saturday October 19th
- Coats for Kids (details below)
- Monday October 21st
- NO School (End of Q1 – Teacher Workday)
- Wednesday October 23rd
- Red Ribbon Day – ‘Making Healthy Choices’ (details below)
- Thursday October 24th
- 1st Quarter Report Cards Go Home
- Friday October 25th
- Box Tops Due for Fall Collection
- 1st Quarter Honor Roll presented after mass – parents welcome
- Friday November 1st
- NO School No Childcare (All Saints Day)
- St. Patrick Parish Mass times: 6:30 am, 8:00 am, 12:10 pm, 6:30 pm
- Lincoln STARS Hockey game for STARS Reading Challenge (ALL students who completed the challenge get in free with at least 1 paying adult in the family)
Mrs. Hartmann honored with National Award
Congratulations to Mrs. Hartmann who was selected as a recipient of the Milken Educator Award.
The Milken Educator Awards, hailed by Teacher magazine as the “Oscars of Teaching” has been opening minds and shaping futures for over 30 years. Research shows teacher quality is the driving in-school factor behind student growth and achievement.
Read more about Mrs. Hartmann and the award here: https://www.milkeneducatorawards.org/newsroom/press-releases/view/nebraska-teacher-lyndsay-hartmann-earns-milken-educator-award-25000
Red Ribbon Day – Making Healthy Choices
Students who bring 1 non-perishable item for the Lincoln Food Bank can wear RED with jeans or uniform bottoms on Wednesday October 23rd when they pledge to make healthy choices. Student athletes from UNL will be here to share how making healthy choices helped them to succeed in the classroom and in athletics.
“Today I make the choice to treat my body as a gift. I will glorify God in the choices and actions I make when it comes to my body.” 1 Corithians 6:19-20
October – Month of the Rosary
Thank you to the staff and families who have turned in your rosary beads – the rosary is looking great! Additional beads are available in the office.
School Picture Retakes
Retakes are Friday Oct. 18 – please bring your proof packet to return on the 18th if your child will be having retakes.
Cards for a Cause
The fall deadline for school box tops is coming up! Clipped box tops need to be turned into the school office by Friday, October 25th. Thank you for helping us raise money for St. Patrick’s School!
Uniforms with Logo for Sale
We had 3 extra items after our fall sale. If you are interested – please let the office know. We will remove from here once items are sold.
- Black Fleece – Youth M – $27.00
- Gray Crewneck – Youth S – $18.00
- Green Polo – Youth M – $16.00
Be A Saint Day
We wanted to give you a heads up that one of our theme days for Catholic Schools Week in January will be ‘A Vocation for Everyone’: Be a Saint Day– dress as a saint/bible character or wear school uniform. Hopefully this give you plenty of time to plan a character costume and shop post-Halloween costume sales!
Support Your Shamrock Volleyball Teams
On Saturday, October 19th at 7 pm, Tony Melendez is giving an outdoor concert at 11401 Van Dorn Street. Tony, who was born without any arms, learned to play the guitar with his feet. His life and songs are inspirational and great for the entire family. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for students, with a $45 maximum per family. Tickets can be purchased at https://boltstore.net/.
Lincoln Acton Children’s Business Fair
Kids develop a brand, create a product or service, build a marketing strategy, and then open for customers at our one-day marketplace. We will host up to 40 booths at the 1st annual event in Lincoln, NE on November 9th, 2019 from 2 pm – 4 pm. Check out this link for more information: https://www.childrensbusinessfair.org/lincoln-ascension
CK Sisters Outdoor Fall Workday
Parent & Child Programs in Lincoln
Start your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com – Tap the image above or search for ‘St Patrick Catholic Church of Lincoln’ and a percentage of all of your Amazon purchases will come back to St. Patrick!
Go to the Coca Cola Website, search for St. Patrick School, or type in the zip code 68507, scroll down to the one in Lincoln NE and then enter the Coca Cola product code under the bottle cap on your computer screen or scan it from your phone.
Box Tops are going digital! You can download the app Box Tops for Education, register and select St Patrick School, and then scan eligible receipts containing Box Tops products. Online retailers that are eligible: Instacart, Jet.com, SamsClub.com, Shipt, Target.com, Target Pick-Up/Drive-Up, Walmart Grocery, Walmart.com.
Traditional Box Tops are being phased out and are still eligible to be clipped and dropped off at school until they expire. You can also double dip during this transitional phase by both clipping the Box Tops and scanning the receipts!
(Some brands are not yet participating in the digital program and these will need to be clipped as usual including Hefty, Kleenez, Progresso, Reyolds, Scott, Ziploc and Finish)
Digital Box Tops FAQ
- Where do I go to enter Box Tops digitally? Download the Box Tops for Education App or visit https://www.boxtops4education.com/ to learn more
- How long are Box Tops receipts eligible for scanning? Scan your receipts within 14 days of purchase.
- What products are eligible?: Download the full list of eligible products here: https://www.boxtops4education.com/en/Participating-Products-Page or just look for the Box Top logo on products you purchase.
- Can I still clip and send in physical Box Tops? YES! The physical Box Tops are still eligible to be clipped and sent to the school until they expire. Scan the receipts as well to double dip with those participating products.
- How do I help earn more? Scroll down to the bonus offers on the Box Tops App to learn how to earn extra.
We are excited to tell you that we have started an Ignatius Book Club for our school! Ignatius Book Club is a wonderful Catholic organization that provides thoughtfully selected books and materials from leading publishers that entertain, instruct, and inspire for a variety of reading levels and interests.
Plus, every purchase you make through Ignatius Book Club earns bonus points which can be redeemed for books, religious products, or school supplies for our school!
Click HERE to join and start browsing Ignatius Book Club’s extensive selection of wholesome materials
School Day Basics
- The school day runs from 8:00 – 3:20.
- Students can be dropped off beginning at 7:40 and will gather on the south side of the school with Mrs. Placek. Doors open at 7:45.
- Students should be picked up by 3:30. Students who are not picked up by 3:30 will be checked in to extended care.
- Students arriving after 8:00 are counted as tardy. Please call or email the school if your child will be absent.
- Students needing extended care are welcome from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at a rate of $0.90/15 minutes.
- Please do not remove cones from the parking lot as they are used to keep cars out for school recess
Introducing a mobile-friendly website for Catholic School athletics, www.cysi.org
League Information & Rules, League Policies, Registration & Participation Forms, Mission Statement, Philosophy, Sports Calendar (that is constantly being updated), and much more. In addition to our own league’s information, you will find material on the football and wrestling programs at Pius X High School.
If you have any questions please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our school’s Athletic Director – Mr. Ryan Mackling
Previous School Newsletters
Upcoming Dates October 11th 1st Friday Adoration & Collection: Community of the Beatitudes Spookghetti & Trunk or Treat (Details Below) October 14th No SCHOOL – Childcare available (Teacher Workshops at Pius) October 15th Food Market - Social Hall 3:00-4:30...
Upcoming Dates October 4th – NO SCHOOL – Childcare available October 11th - 1st Friday Adoration & Collection: Community of the Beatitudes October 11th – Spookghetti & Trunk or Treat (Details Below) October 14th – No SCHOOL – Childcare available (Teacher...
Important Dates September 27th - NO SCHOOL - Teacher Workday September 28th/29th - Book Fair open after ALL masses October 1st - 3rd - Parent/ Teacher Conferences - Families who haven't signed up by Monday will be emailed their assigned time slot (check email for...