- December 5
- Christmas Program 7 pm
- Baker’s Chocolate Forms Due
- Christmas Program 7 pm
- December 6
- St. Nicholas – Silly Sock Day
- December 7
- 1:00 Release – Spirit Day
- 1:00 Release – Spirit Day
- December 8
- NO SCHOOL – Immaculate Conception
Thursday vigil – 5:30pm
Friday – 6:30am, 8:00am, 12:10pm, 6:30pm
- NO SCHOOL – Immaculate Conception
Silly Stockings for St. Nicholas
The spirit of St. Nicholas makes a visit to St. Patrick school each Dec. 6th and leaves a treat in student shoes in honor of St. Nicholas’ Feast Day.
Students may wear ‘silly stockings’ this day as they will be removing their shoes during their morning class.
(Christmas / Religious socks are encouraged – but not mandatory 🙂
Baker’s Chocolate Fundraiser
Join us in the season of giving!
St. Patrick HSA will again kick off the Christmas season with a Baker’s Chocolate fundraiser. We have an assortment of bags/boxes for gift giving…or gift yourself with a box!
All order forms with payment must be returned to the school office by December 5.
- Checks made out to: St. Patrick HSA
- Orders will be disbursed December 15th.
Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas
Please plan to join us to celebrate this Advent and Christmas Season at our annual Christmas Program!
WHO: All students at Saint Patrick School PreK-8th grade are preparing musical numbers to perform. All family and friends are welcome to attend.
WHERE: Saint Patrick School Gymnasium
WHEN: Tuesday, December 5th @ 7:00pm
*Doors open at 6:45pm, students will report to their designated homeroom area
*Students should plan to wear their Christmas/ Mass Clothing or school uniform
*All students’ hats, gloves, and coats should be left with families
*Students who are absent due to illness on Tuesday Dec. 5th should NOT attend that evening
Teacher Christmas Bonus
At St. Patrick School, we have a long-standing tradition of gifting the teachers with a Christmas ‘bonus’ made up from donations from school and parish families.
Donations to the Teacher Christmas Collection will be collected beginning at the Christmas Program on Tuesday Dec. 5th and through Dec. 15th.
- Monetary donations can brought to school in an enveloped marked ‘Teacher Collection’ or you can Venmo your donation to @StPatrick-Lincoln with a comment of ‘Teacher Collection’.
- A 2nd collection will taken up after masses mid-December.
- There will be a box available the night of the Christmas program for donations.
While our teachers can never be thanked enough for their endless commitment and sacrifices they make for our school family, this Christmas Collection is one way to say ‘thanks’.
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be.”
4H Extension Club
Are you curious? Do you like having fun with hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) activities? During this 2nd semester, St. Patrick School is excited to offer a new after school club in the area of Academics for students in Grades 3-5.
Students will join Elizabeth Thiltges, Lancaster County 4-H Assistant, for six weeks of fun filled afternoons conducting STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) related activities. Some activities include:
-sailing wind powered sailboats
-color coding with robots
-and much more!
- 4H Club will run 3:30-4:30 on Mondays in the parish Social Hall on school days during January and February.
- Parents can pick up from the Social Hall or students can go to Extended Care after club.
- Cost: $25/child
- Enrollment is open to the first 20 students who register and pay (checks can be made to St. Patrick School)
Register HERE: 3rd-5th Grade STEM Club at St. Patrick’s (google.com)
Name two things you like about yourself. There are so many amazing things about each and every one of you…and this is a great opportunity to name the things that make you unique and special. Let’s start today! In your head right now, name two things that you like about yourself: [pause] Don’t underestimate this Holy Moment! And remember, some moments are holy. Some moments are unholy.
And you decide!
Tips to Create This Holy Moment:
– Talk to God about the talents he has blessed you with.
– Make a list in your phone and add to it when you create a Holy Moment!
– When you’re feeling down, say a positive affirmation to yourself like: “I can do hard things!” or “I am capable!”
Lunch + Events Menu
Area Events (click to enlarge)
PXDT Dance Camp
Hi! The Pius X Thunderette’s are hosting our annual dance camp on January 6th, 2024 9:00am-12:00pm!!
This years theme is 💖BARBIE💖
The campers will perform at a varsity boys basketball game on January 6th, 2024. The game starts at 4:30! Thunderette’s and kids performing will meet in the commons at 4:45!
Camp will cost $35 this includes a t-shirt and snacks! Payment must be brought to Pius before December 20th, 2023.
If your a Pius Staff member let us know!
We’re accepting anyone from Pre-k to 5th grade (3yo-11yo) – click here to register: Sign Up for PXDT Dance Camp! (google.com)
Parish Groups & Events
Please call the rectory for additional details.
- Legion of Mary – Thursdays at 4:00 p.m.
- St. Patrick Mom’s Group – Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Any interested Mom is welcome, and should call Monica Ottinger for details (402-490-5178)
Pius X High School Parent Association
Pius X High School Parent Association representative for St. Patrick’s parish is BJ Hobelman. BJ can help you find answers to Pius X High School -related questions.
She can be reached at 402-466-3710 or BJ-Hobelman@cdolinc.net
Check out all of the lists here: Teacher Wishlists | St Patrick’s Catholic School (stpatricklincolnschool.com)
What is Scrip? “Scrip” turns everyday shopping into cash for the St. Patrick Church and School. Purchase gift cards at face value in advance to use at checkout, instead of paying with credit, debit card, check or cash.
How Does It Work? Purchase gift cards at face value from local merchants who designate their own discount percentage ranging from 1.5% to 30%. The discount amount translates to profit for the St. Patrick!
- $50 Marcus Theatres gift card at 8% = $4 St. Patrick profit
- $100 Walmart gift card at 2.% = $2.50 St. Patrick profit
Purchase SCRIP before shopping by filling out this form and turning it into the parish office or call in your order to the rectory at 402.466.2752 and we can prepare your order ahead for you. SCRIP can also be purchased at the parish office or after weekend masses.
We’re excited to share that our school is participating in Cash for Classrooms, part of Casey’s Rewards. This opens up St. Patrick School to new funding opportunities to help improve learning environments for students.
The best part? Donations don’t come out of your own pocket. When you buy from Casey’s and use their rewards program you can simply turn your points into a donation to our school.
Help St. Patrick School make the most of this program and learn more at Caseys.com/schools.
Box Tops are now digital only! You can download the app Box Tops for Education, register and select St Patrick School, and then scan eligible receipts containing Box Tops products. Online retailers that are eligible: Instacart, Jet.com, SamsClub.com, Shipt, Target.com, Target Pick-Up/Drive-Up, Walmart Grocery, Walmart.com.
Traditional Box Tops are being phased out and we are no longer receiving enough to mail in so please direct your efforts towards the digital app. Thank you to everyone who has contributed box tops over the years!
Digital Box Tops FAQ
- Where do I go to enter Box Tops digitally? Download the Box Tops for Education App or visit https://www.boxtops4education.com/ to learn more
- How long are Box Tops receipts eligible for scanning? Scan your receipts within 14 days of purchase.
- What products are eligible?: Download the full list of eligible products here: https://www.boxtops4education.com/en/Participating-Products-Page or just look for the Box Top logo on products you purchase.
- Can I still clip and send in physical Box Tops? Unfortunately no, we are no longer receiving enough to make it worth sending in for payment.
- What if I shop online? Submit your email receipts to email@example.com
- How do I help earn more? Scroll down to the bonus offers on the Box Tops App to learn how to earn extra.
Previous School Newsletters
Upcoming Dates November 17 NO SCHOOL - Teacher Plan Day November 21 CSS Food Truck November 22-24 NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break December 5 Christmas Program 7 pm December 6 St. Nicholas - Silly Sock Day December 7 1:00 Release December 8 NO SCHOOL - Immaculate...
Upcoming Dates November 10 Veterans Day Assembly November 14 DaVinci's Dine Out November 16 Food Drive Ends November 17 NO SCHOOL - Teacher Plan Day November 22-24 NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break December 5 Christmas Program December 6 St. Nicholas - Silly Sock Day...
Upcoming Dates November 10 Veterans Day Assembly November 14 DaVinci's Dine Out November 16 Food Drive Ends November 17 NO SCHOOL - Teacher Plan Day November 22-24 NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break Veteran’s Day Assembly The St. Patrick Knights of Columbus are hosting a...