- October 11th
- 1st Friday Adoration & Collection: Community of the Beatitudes
- Spookghetti & Trunk or Treat (Details Below)
- October 14th
- No SCHOOL – Childcare available (Teacher Workshops at Pius)
- October 15th
- Food Market – Social Hall 3:00-4:30
- Dine Out Night – Runza (details below)
- Last Day to wear shorts or skirts without leggings
- October 17th
- School Picture Orders Due
- October 18th
- End of 1st Quarter
- Picture Retakes
- Cards for a Cause Orders Due
- October 19th
- Coats for Kids (details below)
- October 21st
- NO School (End of Q1 – Teacher Workday)
- October 25th
- Box Tops Due for Fall Collection
Proofs & Order Forms went home on Monday. Orders are due by October 17. Retakes are Friday Oct. 18 – please bring your proof packet to return on the 18th if your child will be having retakes.
Food Market – Tuesday October 15th
Catholic Social Services (CSS) has partnered with the Food Bank of Lincoln to provide healthy choice options for our school families at no cost!
The CSS Food Market will be open from 3:00-4:30 and located in the St. Patrick Church Social Hall.
All families are welcome to walk through the Market selecting items for your family. Fresh fruit, eggs, bread, and more!
Our annual Spookghetti Supper is finally almost here! But, we need your help in finishing filling the sign up spots, especially help with serving the food. Please see the link below. We appreciate your help! Also, we need you to RSVP to this link so we can get a head count of how many to expect. TODAY is the deadline because we need to order food tomorrow so please click the link. We could also use a few more trunk hosts also! The more we have, the happier the kids are! ?
https://tinyurl.com/y3uy4yzc – SignUp Genius
Cards for a Cause
New Rate for Full Day Childcare
Dine Out Night
Dine Out Night: Tuesday, October 15th from 5 to 8 pm at Runza on 1501 N 56th St. 15% of ALL sales will come back to St. Patrick School. Thank you for your support!
Be A Saint Day
We wanted to give you a heads up that one of our theme days for Catholic Schools Week in January will be ‘A Vocation for Everyone’: Be a Saint Day– dress as a saint/bible character or wear school uniform. Hopefully this give you plenty of time to plan a character costume and shop post-Halloween costume sales!
The fall deadline for school box tops is coming up! Clipped box tops need to be turned into the school office by Friday, October 25th. Thank you for helping us raise money for St. Patrick’s School!
Support Your Shamrock Volleyball Teams
On Saturday, October 19th at 7 pm, Tony Melendez is giving an outdoor concert at 11401 Van Dorn Street. Tony, who was born without any arms, learned to play the guitar with his feet. His life and songs are inspirational and great for the entire family. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for students, with a $45 maximum per family. Tickets can be purchased at https://boltstore.net/.
Lincoln Acton Children’s Business Fair
Kids develop a brand, create a product or service, build a marketing strategy, and then open for customers at our one-day marketplace. We will host up to 40 booths at the 1st annual event in Lincoln, NE on November 9th, 2019 from 2 pm – 4 pm. Check out this link for more information: https://www.childrensbusinessfair.org/lincoln-ascension
CK Sisters Outdoor Fall Workday
CK Sisters Outdoor Fall Workday – Sat., Oct. 19, 1:30-4:30 p.m. We will be planting a shelterbelt and cleaning up our vegetable garden. Helpful items to bring include pickups, wheelbarrows, shovels and gloves. Children are also welcome! Mark your calendars now and contact Sister Mary Angela at email@example.com if you would like to come and help. Villa Regina Motherhouse, 4100 SW 56th St., about 2 miles west and south of Pioneers Park. (Walk-ins also welcome.)
Parent & Child Programs in Lincoln
MOTHER/DAUGHTER PROGRAM “Fearfully and Wonderfully Made” for girls age 9-13 and their mothers will be held Saturday, October 26th, 2019 from 9 a.m. to noon at John XXIII Diocesan Center. This program is designed to educate girls on growing up and becoming a woman. Pre-registration is required. Cost is $20 per mother/daughter or $30 per family. To register, visit https://lincolndiocese.regfox.com/mother-daughter-program Questions, please call Jen Davis at 402-261-6375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Start your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com – Tap the image above or search for ‘St Patrick Catholic Church of Lincoln’ and a percentage of all of your Amazon purchases will come back to St. Patrick!
Go to the Coca Cola Website, search for St. Patrick School, or type in the zip code 68507, scroll down to the one in Lincoln NE and then enter the Coca Cola product code under the bottle cap on your computer screen or scan it from your phone.
Box Tops are going digital! You can download the app Box Tops for Education, register and select St Patrick School, and then scan eligible receipts containing Box Tops products. Online retailers that are eligible: Instacart, Jet.com, SamsClub.com, Shipt, Target.com, Target Pick-Up/Drive-Up, Walmart Grocery, Walmart.com.
Traditional Box Tops are being phased out and are still eligible to be clipped and dropped off at school until they expire. You can also double dip during this transitional phase by both clipping the Box Tops and scanning the receipts!
(Some brands are not yet participating in the digital program and these will need to be clipped as usual including Hefty, Kleenez, Progresso, Reyolds, Scott, Ziploc and Finish)
Digital Box Tops FAQ
- Where do I go to enter Box Tops digitally? Download the Box Tops for Education App or visit https://www.boxtops4education.com/ to learn more
- How long are Box Tops receipts eligible for scanning? Scan your receipts within 14 days of purchase.
- What products are eligible?: Download the full list of eligible products here: https://www.boxtops4education.com/en/Participating-Products-Page or just look for the Box Top logo on products you purchase.
- Can I still clip and send in physical Box Tops? YES! The physical Box Tops are still eligible to be clipped and sent to the school until they expire. Scan the receipts as well to double dip with those participating products.
- What if I shop online? Submit your email receipts to email@example.com
- How do I help earn more? Scroll down to the bonus offers on the Box Tops App to learn how to earn extra.
We are excited to tell you that we have started an Ignatius Book Club for our school! Ignatius Book Club is a wonderful Catholic organization that provides thoughtfully selected books and materials from leading publishers that entertain, instruct, and inspire for a variety of reading levels and interests.
Plus, every purchase you make through Ignatius Book Club earns bonus points which can be redeemed for books, religious products, or school supplies for our school!
Click HERE to join and start browsing Ignatius Book Club’s extensive selection of wholesome materials
School Day Basics
- The school day runs from 8:00 – 3:20.
- Students can be dropped off beginning at 7:40 and will gather on the south side of the school with Mrs. Placek. Doors open at 7:45.
- Students should be picked up by 3:30. Students who are not picked up by 3:30 will be checked in to extended care.
- Students arriving after 8:00 are counted as tardy. Please call or email the school if your child will be absent.
- Students needing extended care are welcome from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at a rate of $0.90/15 minutes.
- Please do not remove cones from the parking lot as they are used to keep cars out for school recess
Introducing a mobile-friendly website for Catholic School athletics, www.cysi.org
League Information & Rules, League Policies, Registration & Participation Forms, Mission Statement, Philosophy, Sports Calendar (that is constantly being updated), and much more. In addition to our own league’s information, you will find material on the football and wrestling programs at Pius X High School.
If you have any questions please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our school’s Athletic Director – Mr. Ryan Mackling