- February 14th
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Students and staff may wear red, or other Valentine’s Day inspired tops with jeans or uniform bottoms
- February 15th
- Dine Out Night KFC/ Long John’s Silvers
- February 15th & 17th
- Parent / Teacher Conferences
- Used Uniform Store in Atrium
- February 17th
- 1:00 Release
- Spirit Day – St. Patrick spirit wear on top with jeans or uniform bottoms
- 1:00 Release
- February 18th – 22nd
- NO School – Conference Comp Day & Teacher In-Service
- February 22nd
- Preview Night 6-7 pm
- March 15th
- Students may wear shorts and skirts/skorts without leggings
- Please check your inventory – shorts and skirts should be no more than 2 inches above the knee
- Students may wear shorts and skirts/skorts without leggings
Thank you to everyone who supported the St. Patrick School soup supper on February 4th. It was our most successful ever. The students and staff made 27 roasters of soup and the school chef made over 800 cinnamon rolls. We will be able to purchase needed curriculum and textbooks for classrooms. We hope you enjoyed the soup!
Free will donations can still be turned in to the school office or submitted via Venmo @StPatrick-Lincoln
St. Patrick Preview Night
Spread the word – St. Patrick School is hosting a preview night for families with incoming Preschool and Kindergarten students and for new families. Current St. Patrick families, please let the office know right away if you have an incoming Preschool or Kindergarten student so we can secure your spot for the 2022-23 school year.
St. Patrick Preview Night
Tuesday Feb. 22nd 6 – 7 pm.
Interested families who are not able to attend may call the school to set up a tour with Mrs. Placek: (402) 466-3710.
Dine Out Night
Join us for dine out night at KFC/LJS on 2221 N 86th St. from 5 to 8 pm on Tuesday, February 15. 20% of all sales will come back to St. Patrick’s!
Parent Teacher Conferences
- PreK – 5 Tuesday – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4ba5a72ea0f94-tuesday5
- PreK – 5 Thursday – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4ba5a72ea0f94-thursday6
- Jr. High (Both Days) – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4ba5a72ea0f94-junior4
2022-23 Returning Student Registration
Returning Student Registration is open for the 2022-23 school year!
- Families simply need to log into their PowerSchool account using a web browser (the PowerSchool app will not work for registration), choose the child’s name from the top, click on Forms, and then update and Submit each tab.
- If you do not have a Power School account – you can pick up instructions at conferences. Your child’s teacher will have a list of your access codes if you still need to create an account or add a child.
- DO NOT fill out the New Student Registration on the front page of the website for students who currently attend St. Patrick School
- If your child is not returning for the 2022-23 school year, please let the school office know as soon as possible.
St. Patrick School Family of the Day
As a school we pray for the School Family of the Day after mass, and we ask your family at home to include the St. Patrick School Family of the Day in your family prayer. If you don’t already pray as a family – this is a simple way to get started.
February 14th – Venegas Ramos Family
February 15th – Vint Family
February 16th – Vo Family
February 17th – Von Seggern Family
Good Shepherd Scholarship
The application for the Good Shepherd Scholarship is open!
2022-2023 Good Shepherd Scholarship Guidelines
- Good Shepherd Scholarships (GSS) are for students below 225% of Poverty Level
- Family Tuition Cap Scholarships are for families with more than 3 students, regardless of income level
- Families must apply in FACTS for all scholarships and submit 2020 or 2021 Tax Forms, including the 1040 and W-2
- GSS also includes the Education Department & Technology (EDT) Fee of $410, the Family Tuition Cap Scholarship does not include the EDT Fee (The EDT Fee Scholarship will be discontinued after the 2023-2024 School Year)
- Scholarship applications start January 1, 2022 and the deadline is March 31, 2022 (March 1st for St. Patrick Families so we can assist with application errors before the deadline)
- Income guidelines for the 2022-2023 school year are in the chart below
- The definition of income follows the Federal Lunch Program guidelines (See Below)
Cold Weather / School Closings
Students may go outside when the feels like temperature is 15 degrees or higher. Please send your student dressed for the coldest part of the school day. Warm coats, hats, and gloves are encouraged for all students throughout the winter months. Students can always opt to remove items if it gets too warm. Please do not send snow boots or snow pants with your child. All school entrance/exit paths and play areas will be cleared of snow and no snow gear will be required.
St. Patrick school adheres to the school closing policies of the Lincoln Public Schools. The decision to close schools due to inclement weather is normally made before 6:00 a.m., at which time the local radio and television stations are notified. School closing information may be heard on local television channels 8 and 10/11 and AM radio stations KFOR (1240), KLIN (1400), and KLMS (1480).
School Messenger is a communication tool we use throughout the school year for announcements: snow days, etc. You are asked to opt into this system by texting YES to: 67587
IXL Student Challenge
Congratulation to our most recent winner Kieu!
Students with can enter into weekly drawings and win class prizes for answering questions in IXL.
- Please reach out to your homeroom teacher if you do not know your child’s login. IXL can be accessed from a browser or via the IXL app.
- Students who answer at least an average of 5 questions / day (35 questions / week) will be entered into a drawing each week starting November 29th. (IXL will keep track of progress. Monday will begin the new week)
- The class with the high class average of number of questions answered for 3rd quarter will win a snack party for their whole class!
Parish Groups & Events
Please call the rectory for additional details.
- Legion of Mary – Thursdays at 4:00 p.m.
- St. Patrick Mom’s Group – Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Any interested Mom is welcome, and should call Monica Ottinger for details (402-490-5178)
Save the Date – Totus Tuus
St. Patrick Parish will again host a summer Totus Tuus camp this year. Mark your calendar for the week of June 18 – 24, 2022!
TOTUS TUUS (Latin for “Totally Yours”) is a summer Catholic catechetical program dedicated to the youth in order to evangelize and teach the faith of the Church. The aim is to help all youth develop their relationship with Jesus Christ so that there is an intimate friendship whereby He may lead them to the Father in the Holy Spirit.
Families can now make individual orders for logo polo’s, fleece, and sweatshirts! Call Tim at ArtFX – (402) 421-2611 and tell him you are with St. Patrick School in Lincoln.
For non-logo items, including shorts, pants, skirts, and jumpers – French Toast has a St. Patrick store online: https://www.frenchtoast.com/schoolbox/schools/st.-patrick-catholic-school-QS45U9A
Check out all of the lists here: Teacher Wishlists | St Patrick’s Catholic School (stpatricklincolnschool.com)
Home and School Board 2021-22
Pius X High School Parent Association
2020-2021 Pius X High School Parent Association representative for St. Patrick’s parish is Elsa Ramos. Elsa can help you find answers to Pius X High School -related questions. She can be reached at 402-310-1258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re excited to share that our school is participating in Cash for Classrooms, part of Casey’s Rewards. This opens up St. Patrick School to new funding opportunities to help improve learning environments for students.
The best part? Donations don’t come out of your own pocket. When you buy from Casey’s and use their rewards program you can simply turn your points into a donation to our school.
Help St. Patrick School make the most of this program and learn more at Caseys.com/schools.
Start your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com – Tap the image above or search for ‘St Patrick Catholic Church of Lincoln’ and a percentage of all of your Amazon purchases will come back to St. Patrick!
Go to the Coca Cola Website, search for St. Patrick School, or type in the zip code 68507, scroll down to the one in Lincoln NE and then enter the Coca Cola product code under the bottle cap on your computer screen or scan it from your phone.
Box Tops are now digital only! You can download the app Box Tops for Education, register and select St Patrick School, and then scan eligible receipts containing Box Tops products. Online retailers that are eligible: Instacart, Jet.com, SamsClub.com, Shipt, Target.com, Target Pick-Up/Drive-Up, Walmart Grocery, Walmart.com.
Traditional Box Tops are being phased out and we are no longer receiving enough to mail in so please direct your efforts towards the digital app. Thank you to everyone who has contributed box tops over the years!
Digital Box Tops FAQ
- Where do I go to enter Box Tops digitally? Download the Box Tops for Education App or visit https://www.boxtops4education.com/ to learn more
- How long are Box Tops receipts eligible for scanning? Scan your receipts within 14 days of purchase.
- What products are eligible?: Download the full list of eligible products here: https://www.boxtops4education.com/en/Participating-Products-Page or just look for the Box Top logo on products you purchase.
- Can I still clip and send in physical Box Tops? Unfortunately no, we are no longer receiving enough to make it worth sending in for payment.
- What if I shop online? Submit your email receipts to email@example.com
- How do I help earn more? Scroll down to the bonus offers on the Box Tops App to learn how to earn extra.
We are excited to tell you that we have started an Ignatius Book Club for our school! Ignatius Book Club is a wonderful Catholic organization that provides thoughtfully selected books and materials from leading publishers that entertain, instruct, and inspire for a variety of reading levels and interests.
Plus, every purchase you make through Ignatius Book Club earns bonus points which can be redeemed for books, religious products, or school supplies for our school!
Click HERE to join and start browsing Ignatius Book Club’s extensive selection of wholesome material
What is Scrip? “Scrip” turns everyday shopping into cash for the St. Patrick Church and School. Purchase gift cards at face value in advance to use at checkout, instead of paying with credit, debit card, check or cash.
How Does It Work? Purchase gift cards at face value from local merchants who designate their own discount percentage ranging from 1.5% to 30%. The discount amount translates to profit for the St. Patrick!
- $50 Raising Canes gift card at 30% = $15.00 St. Patrick profit
- $50 Marcus Theatres gift card at 8% = $4 St. Patrick profit
- $100 Walmart gift card at 2.% = $2.50 St. Patrick profit
Introducing a mobile-friendly website for Catholic School athletics, www.cysi.org
League Information & Rules, League Policies, Registration & Participation Forms, Mission Statement, Philosophy, Sports Calendar (that is constantly being updated), and much more. In addition to our own league’s information, you will find material on the football and wrestling programs at Pius X High School.
If you have any questions please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our school’s Athletic Director – Mr. Ryan Mackling