- September 23th – School Picture Day
- September 25th – Dine out at Taco John’s
- September 26th – Last Day to sign-up for childcare on October 4th No School Day
- September 27th – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Workday
- October 1st – 3rd – Parent/ Teacher Conferences
- October 4th – NO SCHOOL
Picture Day – Monday September 23rd
Order forms will come home with proofs in 10-14 days. NO payment or orders due at this time.
• EVERY child will have their picture taken and be featured in the complimentary class composite and yearbook
• Absent students will have their picture taken on retake day – Friday Oct. 18th
• Students are more than welcome to wear their school uniform for pictures!
• Uniform Bottoms with a dress-up top
• Girls may wear dresses with leggings/ shorts underneath.
• NO dress shoes please – sneakers/ tennis shoes only
• Girls – please wear a cover up if your dress does not have sleeves
• Students will be going out to recess and eating lunch in whatever they wear for the day
Thank you – we can’t wait to see all of the students looking EXTRA sharp on picture day!
Conference Sign Ups
Please leave a break between multiple children in different grades to allow for time to change teachers and keep our conferences on track. If you require a conference time longer than the allotted slot, please arrange with your child’s teacher.
Please click the appropriate link below to schedule your conference. St. Patrick School traditionally has 99% conference participation. If you do not choose a slot, one will be assigned to you.
Teacher Conference Sign Ups
PreSchool – 5th Grade TUESDAY SIGN UP Tues 3:30-8:00
PreSchool – 5th Grade THURSDAY SIGN UP Thurs 1:30-8:00
JUNIOR HIGH SIGN UP Tues 3:30-8:00, Wed 3:30-5:00, Thurs, 1:30-8:00
Available for drop-in conferences
- Mr. Mackling & Sr. Deanna will be available for the full time on the 1st & 3rd
- Miss Moser (Speech) – October 3rd 1:30-5:30
- Mrs. Norval (Resource) – October 1st 4pm- 7pm
- Mr. Downey (Band) – October 3rd 1:30-4:00
- Mrs. Hoage (Title I) – October 1st 3:30-8:00
- Please choose a time slot for EACH child.
- Conferences will take place in your child’s homeroom OR in the Jr. High locker area upstairs.
- Please be prompt. Let the office know if you are unable to come at your chosen time or if you need to switch to time slots.
Lincoln STARS Hockey – Reading Challenge
Thank you the Lincoln Stars Hockey team for their visit to kick off our Lincoln STARS Reading Challenge! For every 5 hours of reading at home – students will receive 1 ticket to a STARS home game!
Reading tracking sheets will be sent home Friday September 20th – Students can read to themselves, or parents/ relatives/ friends can read to the children! Tracking Sheets can be turned in to the classroom teacher and exchanged for a ticket voucher to 1 of 3 select games on Nov. 1st, Jan. 11, & Apr. 14.
Social Emotional Learning
Dine Out Night – Taco John’s
Dine out night on Wednesday, September 25th from 5 to 9 pm at Taco Johns on 2301 N 84th St. 10% of ALL sales will come back to St. Patrick School. Thank you for your support!
It’s time once again for our annual Spookghetti Supper! Please mark Friday, October 11th on your calendars because you don’t want to miss this fantastic event! As always, we need your help! First, we need you to RSVP to this link so we can get a head count of how many to expect. The sooner the better, pretty please. ? Deadline is October 3rd.
Next, we need volunteers! There is no way we can do this without everyone’s help. It would be great if each family could work one shift. Please click the link to the SignUp Genius. Thanks in advance for your willingness to help make this event special for the kids! Questions Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Your Shamrock Volleyball Teams
LINCOLN MOTHERS ON A MISSION
LINCOLN MOTHERS ON A MISSION (MOMs) will be meeting Saturday, October 5, @ 8:30 am. “The Temperament God Gave You” with Sally Cumro. Lincoln Mothers on a Mission (MOMs) is a group of Catholic mothers searching for fellowship, hope, & joy in our ever-changing vocation. Monthly meetings are held every first Saturday, 8:30-10:30 am at Gianna’s Java & Gelato, in The Guadalupe Center located at 2241 O Street. Contact us at email@example.com or www.facebook.com/lincolnmothersonamission.
CK Sisters Outdoor Fall Workday
CK Sisters Outdoor Fall Workday – Sat., Oct. 19, 1:30-4:30 p.m. We will be planting a shelterbelt and cleaning up our vegetable garden. Helpful items to bring include pickups, wheelbarrows, shovels and gloves. Children are also welcome! Mark your calendars now and contact Sister Mary Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to come and help. Villa Regina Motherhouse, 4100 SW 56th St., about 2 miles west and south of Pioneers Park. (Walk-ins also welcome.)
Parent & Child Programs in Lincoln
FATHER/SON PROGRAM “In His Image” for boys age 10-14 and their father will be held Sunday, September 22, 2019 from 1:30-4:30 p.m. at John XXIII Diocesan Center. This program is designed to educate boys on growing up and becoming a man. Pre-registration is required. Cost is $20 per father/son or $30 per family. To register, visit https://lincolndiocese.regfox.com/father-son-program
Questions, please call the NFP Offices 402-473-0630 or email email@example.com
MOTHER/DAUGHTER PROGRAM “Fearfully and Wonderfully Made” for girls age 9-13 and their mothers will be held Saturday, October 26th, 2019 from 9 a.m. to noon at John XXIII Diocesan Center. This program is designed to educate girls on growing up and becoming a woman. Pre-registration is required. Cost is $20 per mother/daughter or $30 per family. To register, visit https://lincolndiocese.regfox.com/mother-daughter-program Questions, please call Jen Davis at 402-261-6375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Pumpkin Run
The 18th annual Pumpkin Run is a 1-mile youth cross-country fun run, the largest run of its kind in the nation! Find out more HERE or contact Mr. Mackling at the school for additional information.
DATE: Saturday, October 5, 2019
LOCATION: Pioneers Park – Lower Level, Lincoln (View Map)
TIMES: Session 1 – Small Schools/Non-LPS Schools: Heat 1 starts at 9:30 a.m.
Full Day Care Option
NO SCHOOL – October 4
If you are interested in full day care for your Prek – 5th grade student, please contact the school office. If you turned in an interest sheet from the summer mailing – we have your place held.
- The deadline for full day care on October 4th is Thursday September 26th.
Start your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com – Tap the image above or search for ‘St Patrick Catholic Church of Lincoln’ and a percentage of all of your Amazon purchases will come back to St. Patrick!
Go to the Coca Cola Website, search for St. Patrick School, or type in the zip code 68507, scroll down to the one in Lincoln NE and then enter the Coca Cola product code under the bottle cap on your computer screen or scan it from your phone.
Box Tops are going digital! You can download the app Box Tops for Education, register and select St Patrick School, and then scan eligible receipts containing Box Tops products. Online retailers that are eligible: Instacart, Jet.com, SamsClub.com, Shipt, Target.com, Target Pick-Up/Drive-Up, Walmart Grocery, Walmart.com.
Traditional Box Tops are being phased out and are still eligible to be clipped and dropped off at school until they expire. You can also double dip during this transitional phase by both clipping the Box Tops and scanning the receipts!
(Some brands are not yet participating in the digital program and these will need to be clipped as usual including Hefty, Kleenez, Progresso, Reyolds, Scott, Ziploc and Finish)
Digital Box Tops FAQ
- Where do I go to enter Box Tops digitally? Download the Box Tops for Education App or visit https://www.boxtops4education.com/ to learn more
- How long are Box Tops receipts eligible for scanning? Scan your receipts within 14 days of purchase.
- What products are eligible?: Download the full list of eligible products here: https://www.boxtops4education.com/en/Participating-Products-Page or just look for the Box Top logo on products you purchase.
- Can I still clip and send in physical Box Tops? YES! The physical Box Tops are still eligible to be clipped and sent to the school until they expire. Scan the receipts as well to double dip with those participating products.
- What if I shop online? Submit your email receipts to email@example.com
- How do I help earn more? Scroll down to the bonus offers on the Box Tops App to learn how to earn extra.
We are excited to tell you that we have started an Ignatius Book Club for our school! Ignatius Book Club is a wonderful Catholic organization that provides thoughtfully selected books and materials from leading publishers that entertain, instruct, and inspire for a variety of reading levels and interests.
Plus, every purchase you make through Ignatius Book Club earns bonus points which can be redeemed for books, religious products, or school supplies for our school!
Click HERE to join and start browsing Ignatius Book Club’s extensive selection of wholesome materials
School Day Basics
- The school day runs from 8:00 – 3:20.
- Students can be dropped off beginning at 7:40 and will gather on the south side of the school with Mrs. Placek. Doors open at 7:45.
- Students should be picked up by 3:30. Students who are not picked up by 3:30 will be checked in to extended care.
- Students arriving after 8:00 are counted as tardy. Please call or email the school if your child will be absent.
- Students needing extended care are welcome from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at a rate of $0.90/15 minutes.
- Please do not remove cones from the parking lot as they are used to keep cars out for school recess
Pick Up – Drop Off Map
All traffic must flow in the directions indicated on the map and you CANNOT get out of our car in the circle drive.
Please do not turn left in to or out of the circle drive. There will only be right hand turns allowed. Be sure to pull all the way into the lane for dropping off so cars can get to the pull through lane. There will be staff directing cars to open spots.
There will be no parking in the circle drive parking lot from 9:00am till 4:00pm.
The students must come to you to ensure constant flow of cars. If you want to park and walk to get your child(ren) you will need to park in the diagonal parking in front of the church, by the church across the street, or on the street.
Students will remain in the sidewalk area in front of the school until a parent comes to the drop/pick up lane or until a parent comes and retrieves them.
If your child is walking home, please make sure your child’s teacher knows and we will escort them across the street at the locations on the map where the teacher is stationed. The only students walking away from the circle drive will be those students who are walking home and have notified school. One of those is in front of the rectory and the other is in front of Mahoney Manor. These are the ONLY places students can cross the street. We want to make sure they are crossing safely. Thank you for your cooperation.
- All account information and payments are handled by MySchoolBucks OR you may call the finance office for additional information (402) 466-2752
- Please complete the Free & Reduced lunch application. The limits have changed so some families may qualify that have not in the past. (see office for application)
- Junior High students who take extra milk and/or seconds are NOT included in Free & Reduced lunch. Please ensure you have a MySchoolBucks account so you can be aware of these charges.
Transferring Schools with My School Bucks
- Log into your My School Bucks account.
- Click your name in the upper right-hand corner and go into “My User Profile.”
- Scroll down to “My School Districts.”
- Click “Add School District.”
- Provide the requested information to locate “St. Patrick Catholic School” then click “Add District.” Leave the “Make this my primary district” box marked.
- When you go back to your profile (follow steps 2 & 3 again), you will now see both your students’ old school and St. Patrick Catholic School under “My School Districts.” St. Patrick should be marked with a yellow star as the primary school district.
- Delete/remove the old school. You are now set up with St. Patrick Catholic School.
Your school students will need to be relinked to your profile under St. Patrick Catholic School. To add you students back in, you will need to go to the “Meal Accounts.” Here you will be able to add each individual student in your family. Fill in the requested information about your child for the system to link your child to your profile.
Introducing a mobile-friendly website for Catholic School athletics, www.cysi.org
League Information & Rules, League Policies, Registration & Participation Forms, Mission Statement, Philosophy, Sports Calendar (that is constantly being updated), and much more. In addition to our own league’s information, you will find material on the football and wrestling programs at Pius X High School.
If you have any questions please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our school’s Athletic Director – Mr. Ryan Mackling